| ||The Gaylord Texan is a resort hotel located in Grapevine, Texas that overlooks beautiful Lake Grapevine. If you are worried about where we are, the hotel is within 10 miles of the Dallas Ft. Worth airport. |
1501 Gaylord Trl
Grapevine, TX 76051
|Book your room as soon as you register for the event. |
We have a limited number of rooms available at $139 plus tax and resort fee. The rooms that are available are standard rooms, either king or two queen beds. The areas of the hotel rooms being used include the Lone Star Tower, the Riverwalk, and Hill Country. All rooms are approximately the same distance from the convention center.
Once you register, you will be able to book your room and reserve at this $139 rate. Book early as we have 500 rooms blocked first at this rate, when we have to add rooms, we must renegotiate the rate and it may no longer be only $139. This $139 rate is one of the cheaper rates in this area. Calling the hotel will not allow you to register at this rate, you must register for the event to see the link to the hotel registration.
The Gaylord Texan has more than 1500 hotel rooms surrounding acres of indoor gardens and winding waterways. In fact, you can find both casual and fine dining available. Another plus for those of you who would like an experience outside of your Miata, there is a 25,000-square-foot day spa and fitness center on the hotel site. For late-night excitement including live music and dancing, nothing can match the energy of Glass Cactus nightclub. The Grapevine Mills Outlet Mall is a shuttle ride away. You may not find the need to head to the mall with the many different unique shopping experiences available on the Gaylord Texan property.
The hotels indoor gardens are dotted with restaurants and lounges, including a wine-themed steakhouse, a sports bar, and an ice-cream shop. The spa offers 14 treatment rooms, a salon, a fitness center, and an indoor lap pool. Guests can swim in an outdoor splash pool with a spa tub and waterfalls. The hotel provides shuttle service to nearby shops and attractions, including Cowboys Golf Club, Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World, Grapevine Mills outlet mall, and downtown Grapevine. Two miles from the hotel, downtown Grapevine features specialty shops, restaurants, tea rooms, the Grapevine Historical Museum, several wine-tasting rooms, and the depot for the Grapevine Vintage Railroad.
While you are in Texas, you might be interested in the SummerFest 2009 at the Gaylord Texan.
One of the main reasons for choosing the Gaylord Texan was the size of the facility which can house all of our Miatas in a covered parking garage, has plenty of indoor space for vendors, and can house all of the overnight guests in one hotel.
Looking to travel rating sites (as of October 2008), youll find:
Take a look at these on-site dining establishments:
- Hotels.com rates the Gaylord Texan at a 4.3 out of 5, and 90% recommend the hotel
- VirtualTourist.com rates the Gaylord Texan at a 4 out of 5
- Travelocity.com rates the Gaylord Texan at a 4.5 out of 5
- Tripadvisor.com rates the Gaylord Texan at a 3 out of 5
- MyTravelguide.com rates the Gaylord Texan at a 5.5 out of 10, and is based on 8 user ratings
- Orbitz.com rates the Gaylord Texan at 4.7 out of 5
- Expedia.com rates the Gaylord Texan at 4.0 out of 5
- Old Hickory Steakhouse - Styled after a Texas-vineyard wine cellar, this fine-dining restaurant features Certified Black Angus beef and an extensive regional and international wine list. An outdoor patio overlooks nearby vineyards, and an adjacent wine bar offers regional wines, artisanal cheeses, and gift baskets. Dinner only.
- Riverwalk Café - This market-style restaurant offers regional dishes on the banks of the hotels atrium Riverwalk. Strolling entertainers perform daily. Breakfast is available 6:30 to 10:30am daily, while brunch is served Sundays, 11:30am to 3pm. Dinner is offered Friday and Saturday evenings, 5pm to 10pm
- Ama Lur - This Hill Country-themed restaurant specializes in Nuevo Latin and Southwestern cuisine. Featuring a lively margarita bar and nightly salsa band. Open from late afternoon until late evening.
- Texas Station - This sports bar has a 52-foot video screen, 50 individual plasma TV screens, and a golf simulator. Two bars serve snacks, burgers, and Texas barbecue. Open from late morning until late night.
- Java Coast - A 24-hour coffee shop with specialty coffee drinks, baked goods, desserts, sandwiches, salads, beer, and wine.
- Pool Bar & Grille - Cold beverages, snacks, salads, and sandwiches are served poolside.
- Silver Bar - This saloon-style, lobby-level bar mixes classic cocktails from late morning until late evening.
- Cups & Cones - Located in the main lobby, this ice-cream shop serves cones, candy, and other treats each afternoon.
Check out the following maps for areas within the hotel: