Diagnosing and Treating Eating Disorders:
Empirically-Based Approaches and New Innovations
The Crestview Country Club
8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
6 CE Contact Hours
Kamryn Eddy, PhD
This hands-on training will provide a practical introduction to the clinical management of eating disorders. After reviewing assessment and diagnosis, Dr. Eddy will offer practical guidance on how to deliver evidence-based treatment, including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) for adults, and family-based treatment (FBT) for children and adolescents. She will also cover the four phases of CBT, including creating the personalized formulation, identifying barriers to change, addressing maintaining mechanisms, and preventing relapse as well as the three phases of FBT, including parental re-feeding, transitioning control back to the adolescent, and returning to normal development. In addition to formal lecture, the training will include interactive components such as video vignettes, question and answer sessions, and clinical role-plays.
Learning Objectives - at the end of this workshops, participants will be able to:
- Describe the core principles of assessment and diagnosis across the spectrum of eating disorders.
- Explain the essential premise and broad phases of family-based treatment for adolescents with eating disorders.
- List the specific techniques (e.g., grave scene, family meal, charging parents with the task of re-feeding) of family-based treatment for adolescents with eating disorders.
- Summarize the essential premise and broad phases of cognitive-behavioral therapy for adults with eating disorders.
- List the specific techniques (e.g., self-monitoring, formulation, stimulus control) of cognitive-behavioral therapy for adults with eating disorders.
Or click here to return to the complete list of Brattleboro Retreat conferences
Any questions? Please call 802-258-4359.
Schedule and Course Outline
Thursday, October 10, 2019
The Crestview Country Club, Agawam, Massachusetts
|8:00 AM - 8:30 AM||Registration and Coffee|
|8:30 AM - 10:15 AM||
Assessment and Treatment Planning
|10:15 AM - 10:30 AM||Break & Refreshments|
|10:30 AM - 12:00 PM||
Family-Based Treatment (FBT) for Adolescent Eating Disorders
|12:00 PM - 1:00 PM||Lunch at the Crestview, included with your registration|
|1:00 PM - 2:30 PM||
Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for Eating Disorders
|2:30 PM - 2:45 PM||Break and Refreshments|
|2:45 PM - 3:45 PM||
CBT for Eating Disorders continued
|3:45 PM - 4:00 PM||Questions and Answers|