C4 Recovery Foundation's Call for Presentations Process
We encourage faculty to submit several different topics if that is an option. Often we find that one topic is more heavily represented and would have selected another option if available. If that is the case, the faculty need only provide the title, description and goals and objectives for any additional workshops.
Call for Presentations Acceptance
Presentations are accepted all during the year
All presentation submissions will be acknowledged via email upon receipt.
The Planning Committee reviews the Proposals approximately nine months prior to the event. This allows time for any revisions and the lengthy submission process to apply for each of the CEs. If any reviewers have questions about the proposals, C4 staff will contact those who submitted them.
- All proposals received before the deadline will be reviewed according to specific criteria, including:
- Submission of all criteria requested in the Proposal Submission Requirements
- Relevance to attendees and session topic
- A well-defined topic with focused, action-oriented objectives
- Practical application of material
- Timeliness of topic
- Original material
- Overall perceived level and quality of session content
- Completeness of presentation proposal
- Speaker qualifications, including: previous presentations in topic area, participant evaluations of presenter(s) at previous events (if applicable) and speaking experience of presenter(s)
- Sponsorship availability or cost to C4 for the presentation
Sales pitches for products or services disguised as proposals will be eliminated.
- Promotion in electronic and print marketing materials
- Visibility, recognition and credibility within the industry at premier events
- New networking opportunities (your peers will acknowledge your expertise and experience)
- Participation in the growth of your profession and industry
If your presentation is selected you are required to:
- Register at www.ccsad.com, www.wcsad.com, www.core-conference.com, or www.theevolutionofaddictiontreatment.com as a Speaker/Faculty
- During your presentation, provide educational material ONLY and abide by C4's policies and procedures (i.e. Non-Commercial Policy)
- Submit your bio, presentation, handouts, and AV support requirements by the deadline dates. If you require equipment or services beyond the standard setup provided in each session room, you must get approval and may be charged an additional fee. The standard set-up is: classroom or theater-style seating, LCD projector (which will display your uploaded presentation), screen and podium. (Microphone provided for plenary sessions) You must bring your own laptop
- Submit your handouts to C4 30 days before the conference. Handouts presented by this date will be uploaded to the conference website and mobile app for download by attendees. C4 will not reproduce handouts on-site.
- Allow your session to be recorded upon C4 request.
- Check in on-site at C4 Conference Registration to ensure that your final presentation is uploaded and displays properly with the AV equipment.
Failure to meet these requirements may result in cancellation of your session or no further invitations to participate.
The Planning Committee reserves the right to:
- Select any - or none - of the submissions. A proposal may be exceptional, but inconsistent with the goals of the program committee, duplicate another session, be too costly, or prove otherwise not acceptable.
- Change the length of time allotted to the presenter
- Make decisions based on limited meeting space
- Contact the applicants before, during and after the judging process for clarification
Any topic(s) in the addictions field are acceptable for consideration