Thank you for your interest in supporting Student Veterans of America's (SVA) 11th annual national conference (NatCon 2019) occurring on January 3rd
through the 5th
at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, Florida. This year, we anticipate record-breaking attendance of more than 2,000 student veteran community leaders, student veterans, community advisors, university staff, partners, and others who know the value in supporting the growth and development of veterans in higher education.
SVA was founded in 2008 following the passage of the historic Post-9/11 GI Bill, the largest expansion of education benefits since the World War II era GI Bill. Today, SVA has grown to represent the student veteran communities on more than 1,500 colleges and universities in all 50 states and four countries.
To put this in perspective, of the 1.1 million veterans currently in higher education, more than 700,000 are on campuses with the support of an SVA chapter!
SVA is the first and only veteran service organization of its kind, and is the only organization in higher education focused on delivering the advocacy, resources, programs, and research needed for veterans to succeed in higher education and beyond graduation.
SVA empowers the student veteran population by:
- Helping veterans become informed consumers of higher education and decide what to study, where, and how best to utilize their earned benefits
- Support veterans on campus with our network of student veteran communities as well as individual programs and services
- Connect veterans to gainful employment during or post-graduation
- Conduct groundbreaking research on Post-9/11 GI Bill graduation rates, student debt, and more
- Advocate with lawmakers on behalf of student veterans to protect the integrity of the Post-9/11 GI Bill
Our corporate partners decide to sponsor NatCon for many reasons, a few of them being:
- To meet more than 2,000 of the best and brightest veteran scholars who have chosen to use higher education to transition to a career and civilian life
- To build relationships with nearly one third of our more than 1,500 student veteran communities on campuses across the nation
- To demonstrate an effective outreach strategy for veteran hiring, as required by OFCCP
- Access to 96 breakout sessions focused on higher education, career readiness, student veteran success, SVA, research and more.
Want to see what NatCon 2018 was like? Click here to check out SVA's NatCon 2018 Flickr album
to see what it looks like when more than 2,000 attendees come together to support the national student veteran empowerment movement.
Thank you very much for your support. Your contribution to NatCon 2019 makes this event possible for our nation's student veterans. We look forward to seeing you in Orlando!
We stand ready to help you and your colleagues maximize the value of your participation at NatCon 2019. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected]
or call 202-223-4710, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET.