Lodging is on the Asilomar Conference Grounds on Asilomar State Beach. “Known as Monterey Peninsula's "Refuge by the Sea," the state park is located on 107 acres of state beach and conference grounds, within the quaint and scenic town of Pacific Grove. Asilomar is celebrated for its restored dune ecosystem and architectural significance, with cozy, historic structures designed by renowned architect Julia Morgan between 1913 and 1928.” (Asilomar website.)
For more information, click here.
- Check-In time is 4 PM on Sunday, November 5, 2017. Check-Out Time is 11 AM on Wednesday, November 8, 2017. If you will require additional nights of lodging before or after the meeting, please contact Asilomar directly.
- Lodging and meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) are included in the registration fee. Meals begin with dinner at 6 PM on Sunday, November 5th and end with lunch on Wednesday, November 8th.
- Attendees may choose to lodge in a single or double. Costs vary accordingly. (See registration page.) If you indicate a double and with a particular roommate, please indicate their name in the designated box on the registration page. Otherwise, the organizers will assign you to a room with a same gender roommate.
For things to do in and around Asilomar state beach, click here.
- Accommodations are available for spouses/partners and for children.
- Spouse/partner and child fees include the welcome reception, meals, and campfire but do not include coffee breaks, poster sessions or entry into talks.
The closest airports to Asilomar are: San Jose International Airport (80 miles), San Francisco International Airport (110 miles) and Monterrey Airport (8 miles). We have arranged for buses to ferry travelers from San José International Airport and from San Francisco International Airport.
You must pre-pay and sign up for spots on these buses when you register. One bus will leave San Francisco International Airport at 2:30 PM Sunday, Nov 5. The other will leave San Jose International Airport at 3 PM on Sunday, Nov 5. The buses won’t wait for late passengers so please allow enough time to deplane, collect any baggage and walk to pick up site. Buses will deposit travelers at Asilomar Conference Grounds.
For the return on Wednesday, Nov 8, both buses will leave Asilomar Conference Grounds just after lunch at 1:30 PM. Bus transit time to and from San Francisco International Airport is two and a half hours. Bus transit time to and from San José International Airport is one and a half hour. Be aware that transit times can vary with traffic.
Driving directions to Asilomar can be found here. Parking is available on site.
Travel grants are available for the workshop. Please complete the travel grant application within your registration by September 30th for full consideration. Questions? - email [email protected]