The AFCPE Symposium is a unique 3-day event bringing together professionals across financial education, research, and practice.
There are five types of submissions accepted:
- Practitioners' Forum
- Research Paper
- Research to Practice Forum
- Student Paper
We invite you to submit a proposal for consideration to present at this year’s Symposium!
All submissions must be submitted through this online platform no later than Monday, June 3, 2019 (11:59 pm ET)
*Access previously submitted 2019 proposals here.
Symposium submission topics should be relevant to household finance, consumer finance, personal finance, and behavioral finance.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Consumer financial well-being
- Consumer financial literacy
- Consumer financial capability
- Consumer financial education
- Consumer financial behavior
- Consumer borrowing behavior
- Consumer saving and investing behavior
- Retirement planning
- Financial counseling and coaching
- Financial planning Health and financial issues
- Consumer financial protection
- Financial issues of low-income consumers
- Cross-cultural comparisons of consumer financial issues
- International issues of consumer finance
Please read all information and instructions carefully.
This submission platform will guide you through all guidelines and details by submission type (Practitioners’ Forum, Poster, Research Paper, Research to Practice Forum, and Student Paper).
If you have questions about the submission process, please email the appropriate contact below:
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
- Each proposal must be submitted through this portal.
- All submissions are triple, blind reviewed. Please remove any identifying information. (i.e. names, organizations, universities, etc.)
- All authors will receive an email outlining the status of their submission by Monday, July 22, 2019.
- Accurate responses are required on all sections. Be sure that the author or presenter names, designations (e.g., PhD or AFC®), and affiliations appear as desired for any Symposium materials. Provide accurate email address information for notification of the authors.
- Please note: names of authors and/or presenters will be published in Symposium materials and Proceedings as originally submitted.
- The typical time allotted for verbal presentations during the symposium is 50 minutes, although we will have some concurrent sessions of 25 minutes available.
- To ensure a diversified program, the Symposium task force may opt not to select more than 2 presentations with the same primary author or presenter.
- By submitting a proposal, you agree that if your proposal is accepted you will:
- Register for, and attend, the 2019 AFCPE Symposium.
- Present your submitted topic or find a substitute presenter.
- Submit your paper or topic submission in final, revised format for publication in the Proceedings no later than Friday, August 23, 2019.
- Confirm you have received authorization for travel to the Symposium with your institution/employer prior to submitting a proposal (if applicable).
- For all submissions, maintain 1-inch top, bottom, and side margins using 12 point font with double spacing.
- Student Paper and Research Paper Authors should follow APA Guidelines. Tables, charts, and figures should be integrated into the text. No text or tables should be prepared in landscape orientation, and the body of the text should start immediately under the abstract.
To begin, enter your email address and click on the SUBMIT button.
*No new submissions will be accepted after June 3, 2019. Access previously submitted 2019 proposals here.