Since 2008, the Pennsylvania Early Childhood Summit has brought together over 1,000 early childhood professionals, parents, and community members from across Pennsylvania to this annual three-day event held in State College, PA.
Much of the success and continued interest in the Summit is directly attributable to the educators who step up to present in our break-out sessions. It’s only through your dedication and willingness to share your knowledge that we are able to provide the variety and quality of sessions for which the Summit has come to be known.
- Be sure to click save for each section of your session proposal as you complete it. If you do not click save within 30 minutes of entering data for each section of the proposal, the session will time out and your information will not be saved.
- Be sure to carefully review the information below before submitting your proposal/s.
- After reviewing the information, scroll to the bottom of this page, enter your Email address, and click on “Submit” to begin entering your proposal.
- Submission of one or more proposals does not guarantee selection for inclusion at the ECE Summit.
- Deadline for submission: Thursday, May 31, 2018
When submitting a proposal, please keep the following in mind:
Conference Dates and Location
- Sessions can be 1 hour and 30 minutes, 3 hours, or 4.5 hours.
- Screens and a power strip will be provided for each session, but no other A/V or technology is provided. If your session must have AV, please plan to provide your own.
- Please make a note of the EXACT email address you use to submit a proposal, and the system-generated 7-digit ID # assigned to you. You will need this information to log back into the system to update your proposal and register for the conference.
- Submission of a proposal does not guarantee selection for inclusion in the ECE Summit.
The Early Childhood Education Summit will be held October 15-17, 2018 at the Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center, 215 Innovation Blvd., State College, PA. The conference website is http://earlychildhoodsummit.org
- The e-mail address you use in proposal submissions must be valid through the end of the conference in October. This is how we communicate with our presenters. If an e-mail address is not valid, potential presenters will not receive communications or notifications regarding the status of their proposals!
- Deadline for submissions: Thursday, May 31, 2018
- Considerations for selection:
- Session contributes to the depth and breadth of sessions being offered;
- Relevant learning objectives;
- Best practices for adult learning;
- Clarity, completeness, and accuracy of proposal. Please review carefully for spelling, grammar, and punctuation before submitting.
Presenter Comp and Cost
- Presenters must provide their own equipment for their session. This includes laptop, projector, speakers, charger and cords. Each room will be equipped with a projection screen and an electrical outlet strip. If you need information about renting equipment directly from the Conference Center, Kayle Richardson ([email protected]) can provide you with contact information for Penn Stater staff that can assist you.
- All presenters (including co-presenters) must register for the conference.
- One lead presenter should be identified for each session. A lead presenter may attend Summit (including keynotes, workshops, lunch and break refreshments) the day of their session for free. To attend additional day/s, presenters receive a special rate of $100/day.
- For sessions requiring more than one presenter, the Summit offers one co-presenter per session, the discounted registration fee of $73 on the day they co-present. To attend additional day/s, this co-presenter will receive a special rate of $110 for each non-presenting day..
- All selected presenters must pay their own travel, lodging, and expenses other than those listed above.
- If you choose to bring them, handouts are your responsibility. We cannot reimburse you for any cost incurred. Every year attendees indicate on conference evaluations how much they appreciate handouts.
- At your workshop, please do not set handouts by the door. Hand them out just prior to starting or during the session, or set them on a front table. Many workshops run out of handouts because people stop in and grab them at the door on the way to attending other workshops.
- If you do have extra handouts after your session, please bring them to the Attendee Registration desk and we will make them available to anyone interested.
Benefits for Presenters
- Break-out Room Seating: Most rooms at the Summit are theater style seating. A limited number of rooms are available with classroom type seating. If you feel that your workshop would be better delivered in classroom type seating, you will be given the opportunity to make that request when submitting your proposal, however alternate seating is not guaranteed and all presenters should be prepared to present in a theater style set-up.
- About two weeks prior to the conference, you will receive an email indicating the approximate number of attendees that have indicated interest in your workshop (participants can and do change their selections at the time of the conference, so it is not possible to give an exact number). NOTE: This number will be an early estimate for your reference; actual attendance is often higher.
- We request that you arrive at your room at least ten minutes before your presentation is scheduled to confirm your room set up and make adjustments if needed. This is especially important if you will be using PowerPoint for your presentation so you can connect and test your computer.
- Similarly, we request that you end your session promptly at the scheduled time – another presenter will most likely need to get into the room to set up for his/her session. There is a 15-minute gap between the end of one session and beginning of the next.
The following are benefits enjoyed by all individuals who are selected to present a session:
- Increased visibility and credibility in the industry.
- The opportunity to share ideas, knowledge and experience with both newcomers and veterans in the industry.
- Exposure as a subject matter expert.
- One complimentary day for the lead presenter on the day of his/her session.
- Reduced registration fees for the first co-presenter
To begin submitting a session proposal, please enter your EMail address and click on the SUBMIT button.