Invitation to Present:
2018 AFCPE Research and Training Symposium
Engaging an Integrated and Inclusive Community of Personal Finance Professionals
November 14 - 16, 2018
You are invited to submit a Practitioners' Forum, Poster, Research Paper, or Student Paper for the 2018 AFCPE Symposium.
All submissions must be submitted through this online platform no later than Friday, June 1, 2018 (11:59 pm ET).
*Access previously submitted 2018 proposals here.
Symposium submission topics should be relevant to household finance, consumer finance, personal finance, and behavioral finance.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Consumer financial well-being
Consumer financial literacy
Consumer financial capability
Consumer financial education
Consumer financial behavior
Consumer borrowing behavior
Consumer saving and investing behavior
Financial counseling and coaching
Health and financial issues
Consumer financial protection
Financial issues of low income consumers
Cross-cultural comparisons of consumer financial issues
International issues of consumer finance
Please read all information and instructions carefully.
This submission platform will guide you through all guidelines and details by submission type (Practitioners’ Forum, Poster, Research Paper and Student Paper). You may also download a PDF of the complete submission details in full here.
If you have questions about the submission process, please email the appropriate contact below:
Practitioners' Forum Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Poster Session Questions: email@example.com
Research Paper Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Paper Questions: email@example.com
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
- Each proposal must be submitted through this portal.
- All submissions are triple, blind reviewed.
- All authors will receive an email outlining the status of their submission by Monday, July 23, 2018.
- Accurate responses are required on all sections. Be sure that author names, designations (e.g., PhD or AFC®), and affiliations appear as desired for any Symposium materials. Provide accurate email address information for notification of the authors.
- Please note: names of authors, of accepted presentations, will be published in Symposium materials and Proceedings as originally submitted.
- The typical time allotted for verbal presentations during the symposium is 45-50 minutes.
- If a research presentation has a discussant, then the main presenter will have 30-40 minutes, and the discussant approximately 10-20 minutes.
- Recommendations of how these presentations are to be executed will be sent out after acceptance notices are received.
- To ensure a diversified program, the Symposium taskforce may opt not to select more than 2 presentations with the same primary author.
- Submission of a proposal:
- Represents an agreement to register for, and attend, the 2018 AFCPE Symposium.
- Present the paper or find a substitute presenter.
- Submit a paper in final, revised format for publication in the Proceedings no later than Friday, August 24, 2018.
- Confirms author(s) have received authorization for travel to the Symposium with their institution/employer prior to submitting a proposal.
- For all submissions, maintain 1 inch top, bottom, and side margins using 12 point font with double spacing.
- Authors should follow APA Guidelines. Tables, charts, and figures should be integrated into the text. No text or tables should be prepared in landscape orientation, and the body of the text should start immediately under the abstract.
To begin, enter your email address and click on the SUBMIT button.