CALL FOR PRESENTERS
STARTING STRONG P-3RD GRADE INSTITUTE
August 6-8, 2018 Lynnwood Convention Center, Lynnwood, WA
Please review the below prior to completing your submission.
CALL FOR PRESENTERS WILL CLOSE ON: February 23, 2018
The Starting Strong Vision
To build strong connections among Prenatal to 3rd Grade educators and leaders as we work to eliminate the opportunity gap in the state of Washington.
Goals of the Starting Strong P-3rd Grade Institute
Increase connections between early learning and K-12 professionals
Increase rigorous, developmentally appropriate practices in Prenatal-3rd Grade learning environments
Learn about Washington's early learning priorities, initiatives, and promising practices
Support educators in leading change
Tagline: Early Learning: Celebrating 10 years of growth
*STEM Workshops: In order to be considered an authentic integration, at least 2 of the 4 STEM components need to be incorporated; Science, Technology, Engineering, Math. When submitting for a STEM related workshop, please complete the guiding questions section listed within the proposal submission page.
- Rigorous, Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- Early Numeracy & Mathematics
- STEM* (specifically driven towards new STEM Clock Hour requirements)
- Executive Functioning
- Pathways to Equity
- Family Engagement
- Leading with Racial Equity
- Supporting ELL/DLL students
- Differentiation Strategies to Support ALL Learners
- ACES – Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Differentiated instruction
Learning Tracks (**NEW**)
New this year, we will offer identified learning tracks for both Administrators and Practitioners.
Administrators: Superintendents, District Office Personnel, Principals, Center Directors
Practitioners: Teachers PreK - 3rd Grade, ParaEducators, Classroom Assistants, Early Learning Providers
Steps to submit a proposal:
1) Please review the Vision, Goals, and Theme for Starting Strong.
Presentations are designed for all levels of experience - from fundamental to intermediate to advanced topics.
Proposals should not be sales or marketing driven. If you are interested in selling products or services, exhibit booths may be purchased and utilized for that purpose.
3) Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
4) You will receive a letter of receipt once your proposal has been submitted. Once accepted, you will receive an additional letter with next steps and further conference information.
Per Diem, Honoraria, Expenses: Starting Strong does not pay per diem, honoraria, or expenses.
1) In lieu of payment, Starting Strong offers a single day registration at no charge for up to 2 presenters. Registration is for the day of the presentation and includes beverage breaks and lunch. This benefit is non-transferable.
2) Full day presenters may choose to attend the prior or following days conference; this does not include post-conference workshops that incur additional fees.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
Please enter your E-mail address and click on the SUBMIT button