The Business Network for Offshore Wind is hosting our fifth annual International Offshore Wind Partnering Forum (IPF) on April 3-6, 2018. For the last four years, the Network has brought together top developers, policy makers, global experts, international supply chain experts and local member businesses.
The Network has become the hub of the offshore wind community and the IPF a place for critical discussions and unprecedented networking opportunities. Featuring more than 130 speakers, it will be attended by more than 600 leaders in offshore wind, with an audience of CEO, senior-level and technical participants from leading global offshore wind companies. For more details, see www.2018IPF.com.
The Business Network’s IPF organizing committee invites proposals for the 2018 workshops. The format and content of each workshop is determined by us, however, we will give preference to workshops whose content reflects cutting edge and present proven practices with a format that includes sessions that facilitate highly interactive discussions with the audience. Examples include Q&As, debates, and panels. Workshops should have at least two but not more than three presenters and a moderator–not all from the same company. The Business Network can provide a moderator if you wish. Business Network members are given speaking slot priorities over nonmembers if suggested topics and content is comparable.
Submit workshop proposals (2 or more presentations) using this submission form by December 4th, 2017. Individual presentations will not be accepted.
Workshop Track Categories:
- Workshop presenters (names, affiliations and email addresses; identify one person as the primary contact person)
- Description of the workshop: objectives, goals, relevance, and expected outcomes (3-4 sentences)
- Indication of workshop track category
- Rationale for holding such a workshop during the IPF
- Description of target audience
- Proposed workshop format
- Any differences between the past workshops and the proposed workshop
- Short biographical sketch for each organizer, describing relevant experience and qualifications
Specific Areas of Interests
- Project Strategy & Execution
- Technology Development & Regulatory
- Scientific & Technical
- Policy, Finance & Insurance
- Developer & Local Supply Chain
- Energy Storage
- Secondary Steel
- Workforce Development
- Big Data
- Procurement Issues and Contracts
- Grid and Transmission Resiliency Efforts
Speakers will receive one free admission for the day of their presentation. Travel and hotel accommodations are not included. Please do not suggest presenters who require travel assistance. If your company would like to include an Academic and you would like to sponsor an academic scholarship, please let us know.
- Workshop proposals due: December 4th, 2017
- Proposal notifications: December 15th, 2017
- Notify accepted authors (no later than): January 5th, 2018
Priority will be given to speakers who have not spoken before and Network Members. The Committee is looking for new studies.
To start your submission, please enter the main speaker contact's email address and click on the Submit button below.