We appreciate your interest in presenting at the CoSN 2017 Annual Conference, to be held on April 3-6, 2017 at the Sheraton Chicago, IL! Please review the instructions below carefully prior to submitting your proposal to present. If at anytime your require assistance or have a question, please do not hesitate to contact Andre Cholewinski at 703-610-0297 or via email at [email protected].
The deadline for submitting your proposal to present is Wednesday, July 27, 2016.
Invent the Future
Twenty five years ago, CoSN (Consortium for School Networking) started its journey by providing district technology leaders with the resources necessary for success. Unprecedented changes have occurred since 1992. Fast forward to today, personalized learning, digital equity, and accessibility for all students is close to becoming reality. Join us at the CoSN 2017 Annual Conference as we Invent the Future. Celebrate our Past.
Monday, April 3, 2017
PreConference Workshops – Opening Plenary – Opening Reception
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Breakout Sessions – State of CoSN Plenary – CTO Forum – @InnovationCentral – Monumental Impact: Advocacy Dinner & Auction
Wednesday, April 5, 2017
Breakout Sessions – @InnovationCentral –Closing Plenary
Thursday, April 6, 2017
PostConference Workshops –Tours
FRAME WORK OF ESSENTIAL SKILLS
All sessions must address two skills included in the CoSN Framework of Essential Skills.
Please indicate on your submission the primary and secondary skills that apply to your presentation
Click here for full descriptions.
Manage the budget and serve as a strong business leader who guides purchasing decisions, determines the return on investment for all technology implementations, and fosters good relationships with vendors, potential funders, and other key groups.
Communication Systems Management
Use technology to improve communication, directing and coordinating the use of email, district websites, web tools, voice mail systems, and other forms of communication to facilitate decision making and to enhance effective communication with key stakeholders.
Manage the establishment and maintenance of systems and tools for gathering, mining, integrating, and reporting data in usable and meaningful ways to produce an information culture in which data management is critical to strategic planning.
Ethics and Policies
Manage the creation, implementation, and enforcement of policies and educational programs relating to the social, legal, and ethical issues related to technology use throughout the district and modeling responsible decision-making.
Information Technology Management
Direct, coordinate, and ensure implementation of all tasks related to technical, infrastructure, standards, and integration of technology into every facet of district operations.
Instructional Focus & Professional Development
Budget, plan, and coordinate ongoing, purposeful professional development for all staff using technologies; ensure a sufficient budget through the implementation and assessment process of emerging technologies.
Leadership and Vision
Work closely with the executive team and stakeholders to develop a shared vision with long term, big picture perspectives on district goals to plan for meaningful and effective uses of technology; provide leadership when creating a vision of how technology will help meet district goals.
Build relationships with all stakeholders, taking a close look at how the district determines requirements, expectations, and preferences. Understand the key factors that lead to stakeholder satisfaction, focusing on how the district seeks knowledge, satisfaction, and loyalty of students and other stakeholders.
Have a high-level view across the school system and work with instructional and technical teams to identify steps needed to transform the technology vision into a long range plan, complete with specific goals, objectives, and action plans.
Team Building and Staffing
Play an integral role in the district’s strategic planning process; create and support cross functional teams for decision-making,
technology support, professional development, and other aspects of the district’s technology program.
All sessions must tie to one of the following conference focus areas.
Please indicate on your submission the focus area that applies to your presentation.
Ubiquity and Access: How do we ensure that all learners can truly be “continuously connected” both in school and outside?
• What new strategies can we adopt to help ensure equity through technology access in our schools?
• How do we ensure broadband connectivity for learning that bridges learning at school and beyond?
• What are the strategies that can be employed to extend connected learning in low access areas and nonconnected homes?
• How do we find the funding needed to be continuously connected?
• What access is required for learning (education broadband) and what should be left to families or the community (noneducation
broadband use, i.e. consumer use)?
Vision & Leadership: How do we as leaders cope with complexity of constant connectivity as the new norm?
• How can we build a district culture with the flexibility and vision to successfully accomplish the digital leap?
• What models of professional development can help us meet new demands?
• How do our schools remain relevant and support learning with minimized barriers?
• How does the shift toward online and hybrid learning impact the evolution of education?
• How should we leverage technology to personalize learning?
• How can schools partner with noneducational
entities in their community to gain the momentum to minimize barriers to eLearning for all students?
Pioneering Innovation: How do we create educational ecosystems for continual improvement?
• What are structures can help prevent silos in your district’s leadership and promote a spirit of coordination for your move away from analog to more digital learning?
• How can technology enable the learning by doing maker movement?
• How do we ignite a Renaissance for learning that is multidisciplinary and allows the learner to pursue their passions?
All sessions must identify the target audience(s) that best fits your submission.
• School System Administrators
• Ed Tech Leaders
• Policy Makers
• Non-Profit Organizations
• Parents, Community and Business Leaders
CoSN is accepting the following type of submissions at this time.
• Concurrent Session - 60 Minutes
• Concurrent Session - 30 Minutes
• Pre/Post Conference Half-dayWorkshop 3 Hours
• Pre/Post Conference Full-day Workshop 6 Hours
• Sponsored Session 30 Minutes (require signed sponsorship agreement)
Information Needed to Submit a Proposal
The information gathered during this process will be used to prepare the printed program, website, and mobile app. Please be sure that the information you provide is complete and accurate.
• Title of session (10 word maximum) (may be edited for publication)
• Session description (150 words maximum) (may be edited for publication)
• Presenter contact information
• Presenter bio (150 words maximum)
• Presenter headshot for use on the website/app
• If submitting on behalf of the speaker you will be given opportunity to include your contact information and will receive a copy of all communication sent.
• All presenters must be paid registrants of the conference.
• AV Equipment CoSN requires all presenters to supply their own computers, laptop or tablets for their session to present. If using an Apple device or tablet, presenters need to provide the appropriate projector connection (dongle).
• Presentation Materials Part of effective professional development is providing meaningful presentation materials and online resources that allow the participants to further their learning. It is expected that presenters provide electronic presentation materials, handouts and/or follow-up materials for our event participants before, during, or after the event.
• Workshop presenters are expected to develop effective hands on activities to ensure that workshop attendees receive the best possible professional development opportunity.
Questions About Your Submission?
If you have any questions, please contact:
CoSN Conference Program Support Staff
Please enter your Email address and click on the SUBMIT button.