Submission Deadline: August 31, 2018
International Society for Performance Improvement
P.O. Box 13035
Silver Spring MD 20910
Overview: ISPI Awards of Excellence Program
ISPI's Awards of Excellence (AOE) program is designed to showcase the people, products, innovations, and organizations that represent excellence in the field of performance improvement.
If you would like ISPI to consider you for an Award of Excellence, review this document and complete the appropriate submission forms.
An award for a communication that enables individuals or organizations to achieve excellence in performance improvement.
Outstanding Human Performance Communication
- The target audience is performance improvement professionals
- The intent of an human performance communication is one or more of the following:
- To improve the skill or knowledge of performance improvement professionals
- To contribute to the field of performance improvement other than through research (see Outstanding Research submission form)
- To address a topic of significance or current interest to performance improvement professionals
- The objectives must correspond to ISPI’s mission and guiding principles
- Human Performance Communication is media independent. It can be in any media. For example:
- Journal articles
- A live presentation (recorded or transcribed for an AOE award)
You must submit your proposal electronically via Event Rebel
Submitting Award Files
- Submission Overview
- Submission Proposal
- Entry Form
- Permission Affidavit
Shall be named as:
- Must be submitted in either Word or PDF; no other formats will be accepted
- Cannot be password protected
- Contact’s First Initial Last Name Entry Form.xxx (where xxx is .doc or .pdf)
- Contact’s First Initial Last Name Overview.xxx
- Contact’s First Initial Last Name Submission Proposal.xxx
- Contact's First Initial Last Name Supplemental Material.xxx (if applicable)
- T Gilbert Entry Form.doc
- T Gilbert Overview.doc
- T Gilbert Submission Proposal.pdf
- T Gilbert Appendix.pdf (if applicable)
To qualify, submissions must:
- Have been completed using the appropriate award submission packet
- Have addressed all outlined criteria
- Have been developed and substantially produced by the submitting individual, organization or team
- Have been developed within the three-year period preceding the nomination deadline
- Have been received by the deadline
- Be available to the general public
Qualifications of Submitter
To qualify, a submitter must be willing to:
- Provide actual material for evaluation
- Submit a description of how the communication aligns with and supports ISPI’s Mission and Guiding Principles and contributes to the field of performance improvement
- Provide evidence of achieving the objective(s) of the communication
- Submit a description of the communication’s uses, practical aspects, and current or planned delivery/distribution
- Submit a description of the communication’s original, innovative, and/or creative aspects
- Pay for shipping, special equipment rental, or translation, if needed, for evaluation
- Display the communication, if required, at ISPI's Annual Conference
Your submission will be evaluated for its alignment with, and support of, ISPI’s Mission and Guiding Principles; for the quality of its results, organization, usability, practicality, delivery, and distribution; and for its availability, originality, innovation, and creativity.
ISPI must receive all components of your submission by August 31, 2018.
To qualify you must:
- Complete and return the appropriate award submission packet addressing all outlined criteria
- Submit a description and documentation of all steps in the systematic approach you used to produce the intervention
- Submit documentation of measured results in the form of cost versus benefit or other comparative data related to input versus output and measurable positive change
- Provide supplemental materials (5 copies) such as a textbook, manual, or other documentation that cannot be submitted electronically to ISPI (see mailing information below). These copies will be used for award evaluation and display at ISPI's Annual Conference, if applicable.
- Display the actual communication (or a mock-up/alternative if confidentiality is a concern) at the annual conference, if this option is available.
- Be willing to mentor a new submitter the year following your Award recognition.
To get started, please enter the key contact associated with the submission's email address and click on the SUBMIT button.