|Call for Proposals Deadline extended: March 12, 2021 - 6:00pm Eastern.
Theme: Reimagining the Future
We are pleased to accept proposals for sessions for the LES 2021 Annual Meeting, “Reimagining the Future!” The meeting will be held virtually during the week of September 27, 2021. Proposals are due March 12, 2021.
Call for Proposals for the 2021 Annual Meeting
Week of September 27, 2021
Proposals for 2021 annual meeting should be directed to topics that are true to the theme of the program — that is, topics of practical significance for IP & licensing in the post covid-19 future. Through your submissions and those of others, we are planning a program that will enable the meeting attendees to expand their knowledge and share experiences with regards to issues confronting the licensing professional in the new post pandemic future.
Session types and topics. Panels, workshops, and interactive discussions will make up the content of the meeting. Expanding on the theme of the meeting, Reimagining the Future, please feel free to submit a proposal directed to one of these topics:
- Building strength and resilience to overcome the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic
- The future of commerce – From smart contracts to automated supply chain
- The Creative destruction of healthcare - Emerging technologies poised to change the healthcare Industry (Telemedicine, digital health, at home testing, etc.)
- Environmental sustainability, energy and global trends
- Solutions to the digital divide, moderating the impact of social media, and eliminating biases of the new automated technologies.
- Paradigm shifts in deal making
- Data protection and monetization
In order to provide the best experience for attendees, presentations should bring a variety of viewpoints to a topic. Consider including representatives from a cross section of the LES membership, including but not limited to private industry, government, and academia; and, as appropriate, representing diverse perspectives, e.g., intellectual capital management, licensing, business development, legal, and regulatory viewpoints.
Commitment. Presenting a session at the LES Annual Meeting requires commitment to the organization on several levels:
- Educational – sessions must be of educational benefit to members, not promotional presentations.
- Organizational – session leaders must secure speaker commitments, prepare presentation materials, and communicate logistics in a timely fashion. Please refer to the timeline below for specific expectations.
- Financial – workshop speakers are required to cover the cost of their participation by paying the registration fee.
As part of the submission process, you will be asked to acknowledge your agreement to following these commitments and conveying them to the presenters associated with your submission.
Selection. Proposals will be reviewed by peers on the organizing committee. Preference will be given to proposals that demonstrate:
- Complete panels with all requested content and speaker information
- Speakers from diverse professional settings
- Interactivity with attendees
- Applicable across industries
- Educational intent (not promotional presentations)
Due to time and space constraints, not all submissions can be selected for the meeting.
Requirements. Each session at the 2021 Annual Meeting must comply with the following requirements:
- All moderators and speakers must register for the meeting and pay the registration fee.
- LES must be immediately notified in writing of any speaker changes, which are subject to approval by the Planning Committee. For presenters who must cancel, they must find a replacement speaker. Cancellations may impact future session selection.
- Each session must have at least 3 speakers. Panels must have a moderator and 3 or 4 speakers.
- There can be no more than one speaker from the same organization in any session.
- Each person can only speak in one session per meeting.
These conditions must be satisfied for session acceptance and maintained to make the final program. Non-conforming panels may be removed from the program.
Notification of acceptance will be sent to the submitter after the conclusion of review by April 15, 2021. At that time, submitters will be notified by email of their acceptance.
- March 12, 2021 – Deadline for Proposal Submissions at 6 PM Eastern time.
- April 15, 2021 – Acceptance notifications sent via email to submitters; confirmations due within 7 days of notice.
- June 1, 2021 – Session leaders must confirm all speakers in order to remain on the program.
- July 1, 2021 – Speaker registration deadline.
- August 9, 2021 – All speakers must complete session recordings (details for recording process/requirements will be included in the acceptance notification).
For any questions about the LES Annual Meeting or the proposal submission process, please contact the 2021 LES Annual Meeting Chair at [email protected] or the event organizers at [email protected]. We look forward to reviewing your submissions. Thank you.
Enter your email address and hit the SUBMIT button.