|The Global Excavation Safety Conference is the premiere international event dedicated to providing educational content and resources to help protect buried assets. The Conference, owned and produced by Infrastructure Resources, LLC, is the largest event in the underground damage prevention industry, drawing more than 1,500 participants and offering 80+ hours of educational content. With conference sessions, comprehensive workshops, numerous networking events, and 100+ exhibitors, it is the place to be if you are committed to the mission of reducing damages.
The 2021 Global Excavation Safety Conference is in Tampa on March 23-25 at the Tampa Convention Center. Session time slots are filling fast and opportunities are limited.
Why should you submit an article or abstract?
- Make a difference in the industry by connecting with those who can effect change
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert
- Get exposure for you and your organization
The Global Excavation Safety Conference is the annual event addressing issues related to preventing damage to buried infrastructure. This is your opportunity to contribute to the excavation safety/damage prevention industry by sharing your knowledge, experience and insight with conference delegates from around the world. In 2019 over 1,600 people registered to attend the Global Excavation Safety Conference, coming from 45 states, 5 Canadian provinces and 13 countries.
The Global Excavation Safety Conference addresses the interests of all stakeholder groups and all disciplines within and adjacent to these groups.
The education provided targets facility owners and operators, facility maintenance companies, contractors, One Call Center members, engineers, claims, public works departments, risk management operations, purchasing, safety & training, and others that protect the underground infrastructure and impact damage prevention. This event offers 80+ educational sessions designed in tracks to specifically target these industries:
- Board Member
- Excavator & Contractor
- Gas & Oil
- One Call
- Public Works
- Telecom & Cable
- Water & Sewer
For additional information, or to submit your abstract for consideration, contact Karin Strub at [email protected]
The successful abstract will tell an exceptional story, address a concern specific to one or more stakeholder group, provide distinctive training or education, and/or strongly promote the damage prevention message in a unique way.
When two or more abstracts are submitted on the same topic, the abstract more fully meeting all criteria is likely to be more successful. Abstracts should:
- Define the scope of the presentation
- Provide three take-aways
- Identify the main stakeholder group targeted as well as other stakeholder groups who would benefit
- Contain NO sales-related content
- May not speak to products or services specific to the presenting company.
Abstracts are currently being accepted. Notification of acceptance will be sent within 30 days of submission, beginning September 5.
Infrastructure Resources, LLC does not compensate speakers monetarily or pay for expenses incurred. Participation is voluntary and speakers are responsible for all costs associated with attending the Global Excavation Safety Conference.
Make a difference by connecting with industry professionals to effect change
Obtain recognition within the industry as a subject matter expert
Network with colleagues and other industry professionals
Public exposure for you and your organization may include:
A Registration Credit of $125 towards expo or conference registration is provided to all speakers.
- Your name, company and session description are published in the winter issue of the dp-PRO, with a circulation of 30,000+ print and 40,000+ digital editions.
- The digital issue of the dp-PRO contains links to your expanded biography which can include websites, past articles, white papers, etc.
- The Onsite Event Program containing your name, company and session description are distributed to all event attendees.
- Your session description and biography are available to all Conference delegates on the event app.
- Your expanded professional biography is posted on the Global Excavation Safety Conference website and remains accessible all year.
Conference delegates are asked to evaluate sessions they attend. Surveys are the single most important data-collection tool used to determine future content at the Global Excavation Safety Conference and the presenters who will be invited back to present again.
Speakers are expected to actively encourage completion of surveys by including the survey slide in their presentation, verbally requesting attendees complete the survey, and allowing a few minutes at the end of the session for participants to complete the survey. Sessions are rated on the following criteria:
- Content accurate, insightful and on-point
- Content followed session description
- Speaker(s) knowledgeable on topic
- Speaker(s) well-prepared and easy to understand
- Length of session sufficient
- Session was educational and beneficial
- Chances that session will help me implement change at my company
Complaints of session content being marketing or sales focused may exclude presenter from future speaking opportunities.
Enter your email address and click SUBMIT.
- Presentation MAY NOT CONTAIN sales or marketing-oriented content.
- Presentation MAY NOT CONTAIN solicitation of business, sponsorship, or other revenue generating content.
- Presentation MAY NOT CONTAIN company logos throughout the presentation.
- An LCD projector, laptop, speakers, podium and microphone are provided. Sessions can be formatted in Instructor Led, Panel Discussion or Open Forum style.
- Standard session length is 50 minutes. Optimally the presentation should utilize 35-40 minutes, allowing 10-15 minutes for Q&A and completion of surveys.
- Panel session length is 70 minutes. Panel sessions are limited to specific timeslots.
- No one without proper credentials will be allowed to enter the session room. ALL Speakers, panelists, and assistants must register for the Global Excavation Safety Conference prior to the Conference in addition to completing the online Presenter bio. Speakers planning to attend additional sessions must register for the Full Conference delegate package.
- Infrastructure Resources provides a presentation template for use; when an alternative template is employed, all elements from the IR template must be incorporated.
- Company logos are only appropriate on the biography and conclusion pages.
- Session titles and descriptions not supplied by November 2, 2020 may result in the session being omitted from the Pre-Conference brochure which may adversely affect attendance.
- A digital copy of the presentation must be provided to Infrastructure Resources no later than March 1, 2021. Handouts for attendees will be built from this digital submission. Changes to the presentation after this date may not be reflected on the handouts. Failure to meet this deadline may exclude presenter from further presentation opportunities.
- A webinar will be conducted in January 2021 covering requirements and expectations for speakers at the Global Excavation Safety Conference. All presenters are welcome to attend; at least one representative from each presentation is expected to participate.