2020 AASECT Annual Conference Abstract Proposal Submissions
The American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) invites abstract proposals for presentation at the 52nd AASECT Annual Conference being held June 4-7, 2020 in Palm Springs, CA! The deadline for all abstract proposal submissions is October 16, 2019.
Special consideration will be given to proposals that relate to the overall conference theme. Click here to review the 2020 conference theme and call for abstract proposals.
Step 1 – Prepare for your submission!
- Gather the information listed below that will be required to submit your abstract proposal. Having the information available to copy and paste will make the process easier and reduce the risk of the system timing out as you work. Please be sure you save your progress frequently by using the save button at the bottom of the submission page. You must enter information in all required fields before you can submit your final proposal. The following information will be required to submit an abstract proposal:
- Session Type – Pre-conference Workshop, Dialogue Panel Presentation, Poster Presentation, 1 or 1.5 hour Workshop or Original Research Session
- Title of Presentation
- Presenter Bio
- Brief Abstract: Brief description of the proposed presentation which will be used in all promotional materials such as the conference final program and AASECT website. (Limit 80 words.)
- Long Abstract: Detailed description of the content and purpose of the proposed presentation which will be used during the review/selection process. (Limit 300 words.)
- Full Outline
- Learning Objectives (Learning Objectives must be SMART Goals. More information will be provided in the application)
- AASECT Core Knowledge or Training Areas
Step 2 – Upload your Information!
- Enter your email address below to get your Registrant ID. You will receive a confirmation email containing your Registrant ID – SAVE THIS EMAIL!
- Click on the link contained in your confirmation email, then enter your email address & Registrant ID to access the submission form.
- Complete all required fields, and click the ‘Save’ button as you work. Please note that you may save your information and complete your abstract proposal at a later date.
Step 3 – Submit Your Proposal!
We look forward to receiving your submissions! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the 2020 Annual conference Co-chairs, Jane Fleishman and Tanya Bass and/or the AASECT Staff – [email protected].
- Once you complete and review your submission, click ‘Submit’. It is imperitive to note that your submission will remain as “incomplete” and will not be reviewed/evaluated if you do not click submit.
- Proposals will be reviewed and evaluated in the months of October through December, 2019. All presenters can expect notification on the status of your proposal in January, 2020.