What Does Blockchain/Cryptocurrency, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT) Mean for Nonprofit Space?
Thursday, July 11th, 2019
2:15 PM - 3:30 PM: IdeaLab
In an increasingly competitive landscape, how are leading nonprofit organizations using this technology to stay ahead of the curve and stand out?
These emerging technologies are fundamentally changing how nonprofits operate, fundraise, and grow.
Nonprofits are using blockchain/cryptocurrency to…
• Fundraise from an entirely new donor base
• Send funds internationally more quickly and cheaply
• Increase transparency
Nonprofits are using AI to…
• More accurately and efficiently fundraise
• Retain donors
• Automate administrative tasks
• Increase fundraising
Nonprofits are using IoT to...
• Collect more (and better) data which has allowed nonprofits to measure impact in real time
• Give donors more immediate insight into how their money is being used, resulting in them returning to donate more frequently
Expect a lively discussion and lots of Q&A!
Learning Outcome #1
By attending this session participants will learn: Basic understanding of how the three technologies work together.
Learning Outcome #2
By attending this session participants will learn: Debunking common misconceptions and why nonprofits should pay attention to emerging technologies.
Learning Outcome #3
By attending this session participants will learn: Success stories and real list examples/use cases in the nonprofit space