The Land of the "Lost Middle": What You're Losing Without a Mid-Level Program and How to Build One From Scratch
Thursday, July 11th, 2019
8:15 AM - 9:20 AM: Breakout 1
You're excelling at your low-dollar program and have mastered major-donor giving across online and offline channels, but more often than not, there's a land of "lost middle": a small but mighty cohort of donors who are driving a large sum of revenue but missing the benefits of a custom experience or the high-touch relationship-building that would be best suited for the amount of money they bring in.
In this session, experts from Anne Lewis Strategies and the International Rescue Committee will answer the big question: How do you get a mid-level program off the ground and cultivate a custom environment in which mid-level donors are assured of their impact and see themselves as champions of your organization?
The IRC found that nearly 40 percent of its revenue was coming from mid-level gifts - from less than 5 percent of donors - even without a program in place. Together, our panel will walk you through a play-by-play of how the IRC built a mid-level program from the ground up, including:
- An early and comprehensive assessment of work to date, including a deep dive into data and performance to set benchmarks for growth and identify bright spots of high performance that can inform future content and goals
- Custom data-modeling to better understand who in the audience is currently showing a desire to give at mid-level, and a wealth append to understand who is currently showing the capacity to give at mid-level
- Projections that take learnings from the assessment and data-modeling process to demonstrate the potential growth from a targeted program
- A phased approach to rolling out a scalable program that's built on the learnings and success of continued optimizations
- Custom, branded opportunities for current and potential mid-level donors to interface with the organization and build trust, loyalty, and connection, like a closed Facebook group, specialized content spanning multiple mediums, and even outreach on supporters' birthdays using phone scripts.
Learning Outcome #1
By attending this session participants will learn: How to assess your history of work to identify trends, streamline processes, and set ambitious but attainable benchmarks for building a dedicated mid-level program
Learning Outcome #2
By attending this session participants will learn: How to discover current mid-level donors and prime small-dollar donors with potential to give more
Learning Outcome #3
By attending this session participants will learn: Why robust data-modeling will not only enhance your pool of donors but give you the tools you need to create a sustainable, proactive, high-touch program that will boost your revenue like never before
To enhance the attendee's learning experience, we are looking for a variety of presentation styles. Please indicate your style: A workshop