Building Early Literacy Skills for DLLs/ELLs in the Classroom
August 6th, 2018, 1:15 PM - 4:30 PM: Monday PM -PRE Concurrent Sessions
Category: Pathways to Equity: Supporting ELL/DLL students
Session Description: Please join us in exploring the unique needs of Dual Language Learners and English Language Learners. During our session we will explore the following three areas of learning:
1. Understand the pillars of early literacy
2. Experience hands on activities and strategies on how to build phonological awareness skills for DLLs and ELLs.
Learning Objectives. Please share 3 key objectives:
1) Participants will understand the pillars of early literacy and how to apply them to their classroom supports
2) Participants will understand phonological awareness continuum
3) Participants will apply developmentally appropriate early literacy strategies, and explore activities that support DLLs and ELLs.