Paint to Learn: Promoting STEAM Literacy, Family Engagement and Creative Explora
August 7th, 2018, 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM: PM2 Concurrent Sessions
Category: Pathways to Equity: Family Engagement
Session Description: Paint to Learn that brings together young children and their families at 2 hour events to paint canvases while facilitators integrate STEAM concepts - such as shapes, measurement, and patterns?into the art activity. Join us to learn how you can host your own Paint to Learn events at schools, early learning program, library or other place families gather.
Learning Objectives. Please share 3 key objectives:
1) Increase understanding and knowledge of how young children learn STEM skills through simple art activities
2) Gain confidence to engage parents and family, friend and neighbor caregivers to support their young children's learning
3) Learn about ways parents and caregivers can include STEAM learning into everyday activities with their children
4) Learn to implement Paint to Learn events to engage young children and their families in art activities that teach core STEAM concept
5) Learn how to access and use the free Paint to Learn curriculum and training videos.