Membership, Giving, and Loyalty: The Power of Data and Engagement
Friday, August 4th, 2017
11:15 AM - 12:30 PM: Breakout 6
Nonprofits are challenged with identifying audiences. Finding ways to start a conversation, collect contact information, and encourage joining/giving is critical.
Using data to uncover trends and point to opportunities and deficiencies is only the beginning. Determining action steps to address a program's needs is the next step. This session will explore trends and best practices in data capture, engagement, and personalization. Emphasis will be placed on real world scenarios that include lookalike audience targeting, list modeling, and multichannel marketing strategies to reach and engage new audiences.
This session will feature an informal discussion style format covering the following topics:
- Why actionable data is crucial to membership growth and retention
- Innovative marketing strategies that leverage predictive analytics
- How to leverage data modeling and advanced segmentation for membership
- When to use conjoint analysis, and how to structure membership benefits and levels to maximize value
- The trends facing membership including best practices in online advertising, email/marketing automation, member/visitor behavior tracking, and loyalty programs
- Why membership, development, marketing, IT, and visitor services need to have shared goals and access to data
Panelists will present case studies including:
- Friends of the National Zoo: A zoo utilized a member profile to identify and target a new pool of highly qualified prospective members.
- Zoo New England: Using online behavior tracking, the Zoo leveraged a targeted online advertising campaign to generate membership growth.
- Desert Botanical Garden: Following a blockbuster exhibition, a botanical garden leveraged preemptive telemarketing to improve first-year renewal rates.
- Saint Louis Zoo: A zoo conducted a data append to acquire 30,000 member email addresses.
- Center for Puppetry Arts: Leveraged behavioral targeting to reach a niche membership audience.
Ask your tough questions and hear stories of challenge, learning, and triumph!
Learning Outcome #1
By attending this session participants will learn: How to leverage data modeling for advanced segmentation and personalization
Learning Outcome #2
By attending this session participants will learn: When to use advanced techniques such as predictive analytics and conjoint analysis
Learning Outcome #3
By attending this session participants will learn: How to increase visibility and reach new audiences via social media and digital marketing strategies
To enhance the attendee's learning experience, we are looking for a variety of presentation styles. Please indicate your style: A discussion