John Rancourt serves as the Director, Interoperability Division, Office of Policy, Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The Interoperability Division supports health IT policy implementation through such activities as:
· The Trusted Exchange Framework and Common Agreement.
· State and Medicaid interoperability efforts.
· Public health, including the opioid emergency.
· Value-based transformation enabled by health IT.
· Consumer engagement and data access.
· Engagement with behavioral health and long-term post-acute care providers.
During his career in health policy, John has worked on Capitol Hill, as a patient advocate, as a journalist.